Saturday, October 3, 2009

Grocery Store Mayhem


Happy Saturday all!

I hope you're having a fantastic weekend! I know I am.

Today we chose to go to the grocery store to stock back up on the essentials, and I love that we're getting better about just getting things that we need, and not all the other fringe junk that can sometimes make it's way in to the shopping cart. This saves us money and makes us eat healthier as well.

Today there happened to be a meat sale, well all weekend it's going on at the local grocery chain that we happened to go to. I find humor in events like this because I don't involved myself in the rush and craziness that people get in to. I get my needed items, then make my way to the checkout line, patiently waiting to pay and leave. I am amazed that the simple notion of a sale on meat can turn the kindest people in to crazed "meat grubbers" that will elbow their way in line and generally just turn on you. Ha...I think it's hilarious and also a bit of irony. It's apparent that all the people in the store need to cooperate and get along to make things go smooth, but that's not possible for some people. That for me, is entertainment and I don't think I'll ever stop being entertained by it.

Lesson learned for me: just go at night when the people are gone. I know this and keep telling myself that I should do this anyway, but I can't ever seem to get it through my thick skull. It makes life easier and the shopping a lot easier and forgiving.

At any rate, we had a great lunch of on sale New York strip steaks and some shells and cheese. We fired up the grill trying to relive the glory days of summer. It's not cold enough yet to take that wind out of my sails. :-)

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment