Sunday, October 4, 2009

Using Office to Organize My Life


Happy Sunday everyone. Sunday fun-day is what we say around
here. :-)

For the past couple years, I have been using the Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet program extensively to organize my financial life. I have made charts that detail my bills and allow me to keep track of what's paid and what's not. When something gets paid off, I simply delete. Adding something is just a matter of creating a new column. When I'm keeping track of multiple mortgages from rental properties, this provides some serious peace of mind and ease with which the monthly bill paying takes place. This is definitely not anything new, but a revisit to the software that's been around for over 20 years. Here's a link to an interesting article about Excel's history and how it came to be what it is today.

My reason for bringing up Excel in my life: it simplifies it and makes my life much easier. I no longer struggle to remember what's been paid, what's even needed to be paid, etc. As I've mentioned earlier in my blog, I am creating simpler ways to do the everyday routines in an effort to make life easier. I'm also holding myself accountable by writing on this blog as well.

Do you have an organization method for your life or business that you feel is better? Please let me know if so as I am always looking for good ways to keep track of this stuff and make life easier at the same time. Spending lots of time on the routine stuff in life is not my end goal. I'm really trying to automate my life so that I can spend time on the quality stuff in life. It will come eventually, it's just a matter of practice and technology.

Have a great week and a fantastic Monday!

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment