Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Paperback Trading


Hello to everyone from my couch. So, if you know me, you know that I like to read and I've been reading a ton since I've been done with school this time around. I like to use my tax dollars and utilize the Marion County library and it's online reservation options that allow me to 1.) reserve the book online and 2.) get it routed to your favorite or most convenient library. I love this as the Nora library is close to my office and I can run there at lunch and grab my books off the shelf in the reserved area. I encourage everyone to use their local library, if nothing more than to rent movies or get music cd's as they are a great resource for that as well.

The reason I bring this up: I found a great alternative to the library if you have a bunch of books that you have around the house that you aren't going to likely read again and they're taking up space. The site is called: http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php and you can trade books, hard back and paperback, as well as audio books and textbooks as well. Pretty cool when you consider the service is free. This is another way to beat the recession and have some free entertainment. Enjoy!

In case you're artistic and trying to hawk your wares, I really like the website http://www.etsy.com. It is a great alternative to EBay and allows you a more soulful way to sell your artistic wares without compromising your integrity. It's also a great place if you're looking to buy handmade arts, crafts, etc. as well. Pretty cool stuff for pretty cheap. I've been surprised at the quality of work you can buy for really low prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment