Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thrifty Friends


Hey All,
It was a beautiful Tuesday here today, full of sun and 80 degree temps. I was thinking today about how our groups of friends are really good at coordinating activities that are not expensive and are quite fun. For instance, over the weekend we participated in a group outdoor fun day which involved adult kickball, relay races, corn hole contests, among other activities. I felt like a kid again and it was good moving around and being active. I love that.

We also went to a birthday party for another friend and really we all like to find reasons to throw a party and get together. My favorite part of all the get togethers is the food that seems to show up from each person or couple. Man there are some wonderful dishes that I've been a part in destroying.

Both of these groups of activities don't have to cost a lot of money and can be great social events that bring friends together to create closer friendships. That's really the awesome part. I've made some life lasting friendships with people in the last few weeks and years that I wouldn't trade for anything.

This topic has given me great inspiration for growing older as well. It seems that as I approach the milestone of 30 years of age, I had worried about becoming less active. That's seems to not be the case at all, and quite the opposite actually. My weekends are booked up until September with fun stuff going on. I hope to keep at this pace for a long time. Cheers.

Have a great Wednesday everyone and keep on keepin' on!

No comments:

Post a Comment