Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Happy Place in Your Life


Hey All! I hope your week is off to a good start. The weather here in central Indiana has been beautiful and I'm just soaking it up before winter gets here.

Gratitude is something of which none of us can give too much. For on the smiles, the thanks we give, our little gestures of appreciation, our neighbors build their philosophy of life.
-- A. J. Cronin

Sometimes we all forget to be thankful for all that we have. I know I do. It takes despair, loss, or a major tragedy a lot of times to kick us in the rear to realize the greatness that we are surrounded by. We all work very hard to get ahead and in the process forget to look around and see what we already have. Life is good and we should all be grateful for the luxuries that we have here in the United States.

I watched an interesting documentary about Afghanistan this past week and it made me really see that there are places that are still out there where people live hand to mouth. Check out the documentary if you have a moment (it's free on hulu.com and I linked it above). It's very awakening and makes me appreciate our immediate safety here in our country and within our government (even with all their questionable decisions that we all question from time to time).

This documentary just reassures my belief that when people are given the basic necessities and nurtured in a family-centric environment that great things can happen. People have a greater appreciation for life and the "little" things when living in this basic environment. I saw it in Honduras when I travelled there earlier this year in February. People are just people at the simple basic level and they need food, water, shelter, and love.

Have a great rest of your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment