Sunday, September 27, 2009

Social Networking


Hey all! Happy Sunday to everyone.

I am a big user of Facebook and Twitter because they allow me to stay apprised of the happenings with the people I care about. This includes people outside of my circle of friends and family with the intended purpose of learning more and having links to other items of interest. I really truly feel like I learn a lot from the networks that I'm in as my peers (and non peers as well for that matter) let me know or will just post bulletins of items that may interest me. This usually leads me to read or discover something I wouldn't have otherwise explored. Pretty cool.

The other great benefit to these social networking sites is that you become regularly engaged with a lot of people who are employed or have connections in fields of interest. Right now that's especially important as our nations unemployment levels rise and many are finding themselves without jobs. It's all about who you know out there and being able to notify friends, family members, and business peers immediately on social sites such as Facebook and Twitter gives you a unique advantage that is a larger scope that we probably realize. Your friend could tell others and the circle of separation could grow to include important people that you may have never even had a chance to meet otherwise. Pretty cool technology that we have out there now!

I was very resistant to Twitter initially because I thought, "why would I want to follow the ongoings of so many people?" Well, as it turns out, you can pretty much find a wide scope of people that share the same interests as you and people post links to articles, blogs, videos, music, ideas, sites, etc. The potential is huge. Since I've started this blog, I've met so many people through Twitter and this that I wouldn't have otherwise crossed paths with. That's cool because I'm an admitted "life learner" and love to read and absorb new information.

Check these sites out if you haven't already and start building your network of people. You'll be surprised what you discover and really, you don't have to spend a lot of time on either to get your money's worth (which is no cost of course). In fact, I spend little time on twitter and see big rewards with it and I'm also finding some cool links that inspire me in many facets of my life. Have fun!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment