Sunday, August 23, 2009

Embracing Seasons


Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"

-Robin Williams

Hello All,

I've lived in Indiana all my life, with brief traveling stints all over the place for periods of time, but I've grown up with seasons. After a solid (nearly) 30 years here, I've become a bit complacent with winter and cold weather. I do enjoy Spring, Summer, and Fall though. Winter is so dreary and gray in Indiana and I have a tough time with a lack of sunshine. However, it's a bit nice to have a change in seasons and it creates an "absence makes the heart grow fonder" attitude towards summer and all the sunshine that comes with it.

The reason I bring this up is because it cooled off quite a bit this weekend and it got me thinking about fall, which is right around the corner. I like the changing of the leaves, but I'm never quite ready for the temperature to drop drastically.

The conclusion/life lesson that I've come to in my own life is that I need to embrace change more and be more accepting of things that I cannot change. The one thing that I do have control of is that I can travel and be in other places on the globe that bring sun and an environment that cheers me up in the winter. I like being active and outdoors and I find that hard in the winter in Indiana, however there are some fun activities that I can look forward to.

I can ski in Michigan, hike in southern Indiana, cross country ski in Northern Indiana, among other things. I've decided to see the glass half full and approach the cooler weather in a pleasant light.

Another upside: football season. I can't wait for some good Colts football this season, although I'll miss baseball season again.

Enjoy the rest of summer and have a great rest of your weekend!

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment