Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Out of Your Comfort Zone


Hi All,

Happy Wednesday to you.

I got an email yesterday and of course it got my creative juices flowing. It was an email about a job opportunity and I immediately was skeptical, but it's actually a very viable and possible job opportunity. I've been contemplating it over the last 24 hours and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but I've decided that I'm going to keep my mind open and try to think outside of my comfort zone a bit. The job is based in the degree that I have, which is graphic design, but would require basically working up the ladder again in a new company. Thus the reason for my hesitation, however, it's exciting to think about new possibilities and what could come with them.

So, with this in mind, how do you feel about getting outside your comfort zone? Do you have a comfort zone with your career that holds you in place? Have you ever tried to step outside of it to get a fresh perspective and/or explore other options?

My source of contention is the fact that my career that I'm in currently is going very well and I have all the flexibility in the world. How could I give that up? That's my dilemma. I want to at least think outside my normal zones of comfort though to ensure that I'm making a decision based on what's good for me and not what's the most convenient. My other dilemma is that a friend and I are working on a start up company doing graphic design, multimedia design, freelance audio work, etc., which overlaps with this new job's functionality as well. I've been thinking that I might be better off just focusing on that in my flexible time (what there is any way) and working for myself. I've done freelance for a while now and I quite prefer it any way.

So, all this online transparent brainstorming has me weighing my options and thinking about my future. I hope that you all will think outside your comfort zone when it comes to life decisions as well. Challenge your norm and keep yourself inspired!

Have a great day!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment