Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Making It Count

"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

Hey All...

Another great day in Central Indiana. Beautiful weather after lots of rain yesterday. I had some serious challenges yesterday with work and my business, but today is a new day and this too shall pass. All is well in my mind again. Isn't it funny how we can get so bogged down with life's challenges and we can't see past the current situations and how they affect us now? I am constantly amazed by it and am constantly learning how to better cope with every one of life's challenges.

In thinking about all of this everyday life stuff I thought back to a speaker that I saw a while back. The guys name was Brian Tracy and while I'm not necessarily crazy about his approach with selling all his wares to you in his seminar, he did have good messages and great approaches to sales and life. One of the things that I took from his seminar was that you need to write down your short term and long term goals to make them "real" and physical. I totally agree with this and did that on the day of the seminar. I've been using this approach for the most part prior to the seminar, but really took serious action that day and have kept to it since. I write down everything that I want to get done and then get to it in my current day or week. I find that it holds me accountable for my goals and dreams. If I have something physical and tangible that I look at all the time, it constantly reminds me that I need to keep working at these things. This approach can work for your work life, finances, traveling, relationships, etc. It really all depends on your needs and goals for the moment and/or the future.
Another personal challenge is perfectionism. I constantly am my own worst enemy and I'm learning to slowly let that go as well. Not to the degree that I accept mediocrity, but to the point that it doesn't eat me alive. Anyone else struggle with this and find great ways to overcome it?

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment